A SESSION ON EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE BACK AT SCHOOL
by Eliot Mannoia // May 21, 2023
reading time: 1 minute
© Vienna International School
One of the most rewarding professional experiences of my career. I had a great session on emotional intelligence with 30 students from grade 10 (15-16 year olds) at the Vienna International School.
We talked about:
- Expectations – they have, and on them
- Personal career experiences and learnings I’ve made
- Pressures of exams, parents, peers, choosing subjects. Oh yeah, and life.
- Uncertainty that grown-ups deal with too (the illusion that everyone else has it worked out)
- Embracing failure
- Vulnerability, empathy and emotions
- Happiness and life goals
Key message: Think about your thoughts, and yourself!
They were great, very welcoming and had so much to share and contribute.
It felt meaningful and I’m still buzzing. I’m very grateful for this opportunity and the trust.
Thank you for having me Vienna International School!
Next I will try to work with Austrian public schools. They need it more, but so far my efforts have not been successful.
I will not give up.
#brandkarma #digitalpsychologist #emotionalintelligence #school #lesson